Friday, October 3, 2014

Experiences in life

I read an quote on Facebook the other day that said "You haven't really lived until you have given something to someone who can never repay you." wow. I immediately thought of my girls' birth mother. The sacrifice and strength needed to give your child to someone else is mind blowing to me. I can never repay her and in a way, I'm glad. Because the gift Heavenly Father will give her will be much better. Several months ago, Jeremy and I were sitting in the Immigration Office getting fingerprints for like the umpteenth time. We were people watching. (That's quite a treat in this office--cops, illegals). Jeremy turned to me and said, "People need more experiences in their life". I pondered that for some time and realized that people only have one life, one chance to do something that will make a difference. Something big. Part of something bigger than yourself. It's humbling and rewarding. It opens your eyes to others and the true meaning of loving your brother. I am so grateful for my experiences in my life. Not being able to have children has been difficult. The pain is physical, emotional and in a way, spiritual, but I never imagined that I would get to travel on this amazing journey called adoption. It is like opening your soul. The experience of being able to look into another woman's eyes and tell her thank you. Knowing those words are completely inadequate. The experience of standing next to her in the delivery room. The feeling of looking at her after the baby was placed in my arms. The mixture of emotion--pain, fear, unselfishness and joy is indescribable. An experience that only a few ever get to have. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I want my girls to know that their mother was brave and unselfish. She loves them and I love her. It is a triangle that can't be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment